For this recording of “Roots & Culture: The Natural Hair Podcast”, I had the pleasure of chatting with Ariane Williams. Ariane is the editor in chief at BlackNaps.org. Since 2010, Ariane has been providing natural hair tips, style tutorials and advice for women with Type 4 kinky curly hair. Her work has been featured on Huffington Post, Total Beauty, Madame Noire, Black Girl Long Hair, Clutch Magazine, Curly Nikki, Publishers Weekly and, she is a regular contributor for Natural Hair Rules.
Ariane shared so many insights that touched on blogging, living your dreams, the correlation between “hair typing” and colorism, what makes her happy and fulfilled, and a whole lot more. It was a pleasure to have Ariane on the show and, I truly thank her for sharing her time with me.
In part one of this show, Ariane shared with us:
- How she started her “natural hair journey“.
- What she believes is the biggest misconception about natural hair?
- What inspired her to start her natural hair blog?
- Who was her inspiration to turn her blog into a business?
- How BlackNaps grew from a hobby into a full-time business?
- What it takes to rank high and, get noticed on Google.
- What she believes are the positives and negatives of “hair typing“.
You can find Ariane online on:
Watch the video below and see Ariane share with you how to specifically keep 4b and 4c hair from drying of thirst.
Did you enjoy the show? Let us know in the comments below. And if you would like to be featured on our show or, have ideas for future shows, please contact us here.