For this recording of “Roots & Culture: The Natural Hair Podcast”, I had the opportunity to chat with Ijeoma Eboh, founder of KlassyKinks.com. Ijeoma is a natural hair and lifestyle blogger, world traveler, and PhD student. Ijeoma began her website, KlassyKinks.com, in 2013 with the mission to change perceptions of kinky textured hair around the world.
While her focus is on encouraging women to fully embrace their natural hair texture through proper maintenance, versatile styling, and self-love, Ijeoma also writes on a myriad of topics that center around having a healthy, classy, and beautiful life.
Ijeoma shared with me a wealth of insightful information on blogging, natural hair, her creative process, how she stays balanced and productive, and a whole lot more. Our conversation is divided into two shows, with part one being featured above.
In part one of our conversation, Ijeoma shares with us:
- What influenced her decision to wear her natural hair
- Why she doesn’t believe in “hair typing” and has NO use for it
- How she deals with negative comments on her blog and social media
- Why she chooses to be so open with sharing her life with her audience
- How she uses authenticity to connect with her readers
- How her blog has grown and evolved over time
- And a whole lot more!
Click the audio player above to listen to this show.
Watch Ijeoma’s first Perm Rod Set tutorial below:
Watch below as Ijeoma shows you how to do an easy 5 minute natural hair Updo:
You can contact Ijeoma online at:
If you would like to be featured on our show, suggest someone you would like us to have on, or have ideas for future shows, please contact us here.