For this recording of “Roots & Culture: The Natural Hair Podcast”, I had the opportunity to speak with Aisha and Chad Bobcombe, two of the founders of Loux (www.myloux.com). Loux is an online retailer that specializes in the ethnic hair care market. Loux’s mission is “to celebrate the ethnic woman by providing a unique, unmatched and personalized online shopping experience for her hair care product needs.”
Aisha and Chad shared a wealth of insightful information on their company, the natural hair community and it’s potential for growth, their personal challenges as entrepreneurs, and a whole lot more. You can listen to part one here. Part two is featured above.
On part two of this show, Aisha and Chad share with us:
- What is the “Loux Experience”
- What made them want to become entrepreneurs?
- What are their goals for transforming online shopping?
- What accomplishments are they most proud as entrepreneurs?
- How they balance family and work as two aspiring entrepreneurs?
- What is the importance of black women accepting their natural beauty?
- What do they want their legacy to be?
- And a whole lot more!
Bonus: Here are pictures from the Loux’s inaugural event, “The Loux Experience”, that was held on April 25th at Negril Village in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photographs by Oscar Spearman Photography / Oscar Camejo. You can see more pictures from The Loux Experience event at their Facebook page here.)
Aisha and Chad are open to new business partnerships and you can contact Loux online at:
If you would like to be featured on our show or, have ideas for future shows, please contact us here.